Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Bead Storage Unit (2012)

Unit Measurement: 48" H x 40" W x 3.5" D

In 2011, I created and built my first storage unit...it was built out of craft balsa wood I purchase at my local craft store. Little did I know how my collection of beads would grow. This year I took it a step further and built a new bigger and stronger unit. I designed it on paper with exact measurement; as I needed it to fit on top of my craft table. Then I purchased Oak wood at my local lumber store...took me about 2-3 hours to build once I had all the wood at home...and I still want to add a few extra touches but I am extremely happy with the way it came out.
Corner to store my tools
New unit can hold 300+ small jars, 384+ large jars, and I can place the extra large jar on top.
Bead jar can be purchased at any craft store or online. As I purchase quite a lot...got them online at Shipwreck Beads. They come in an assortment of size. Each jar is numbered and all the details are recorded in my Bead Manager Pro Software.
Mini jars 35x40mm / Small jar: 20x40mm
Large jar 50x40mm / Extra large stackable
Hope this inspires others...being visual and seeing the multitude of color gets the creative juices flowing.

You can see my original unit at my old site... Bead Organization for 2011


1 comment:

  1. You have a great storage system! I have been working on organizing my stash! Really what you have done. I use the small square boxes and I wonder if I can come up with something simular!

    ReplyDelete